There is nothing better than popping into a store to cool down when it’s 90 degrees outside and accidentally finding the perfect new item for your wardrobe that you didn’t even know you were missing. Thank you, New York heat wave.
This midi dress from Urban Outfitters makes all of my goosebumps rise up – it is the perfect dress for every season. Though I have only owned it now for 3 weeks, in the hottest summer known to man (truly, the boob sweat has been unreal), I can hardly wait to style this dress year-round.
Summer: Grab a crossbody bag and some delicate sandals for on-the-go chic that keeps you cool.
Spring: Add a cardigan – great for those cooler nights by a fire pit with a glass of wine.
Fall: Throw a leather jacket over the top, great for a girls brunch in the fall.
Winter: Pair with black patent booties and an oversized sweater for the perfect winter date night look.
It’s honestly about to be the most versatile dress you own, and you’ll be seeing a lot more of it on my feed!
You can buy this perfect year-round midi dress here!
denim jacket – forever21
skirt (worn as a dress) – fashionnova set
heels – justfab (doesn’t look like they sell anymore, so this is the closest pair i could find online
bag – michael kors
sunglasses – quay
suit from meshki – my new go-to site for modern and sexy suits
i just freaking love this look. in part because i distressed these jeans myself, but also because a tight turtleneck is (imo) one of the sexiest looks. something so understated about them!
these were lucky brand boyfriend jeans that i tore apart about two years ago during a gossip girl binge. the best part about distressing your jeans is that it’s easy and mindless, once you’ve decided where the tears will go. here’s my no-fail, step-by-step guide to distressing your favorite boyfriend jeans.
1. put the jeans on and, with a sharpie, mark (tiny dots!) where you want the holes to be. for instance, with these jeans i knew i wanted big, wide holes in the thigh region, so my dots were wide set. put them in the four corners of the hole.
2. next, using scissors, cut horizontally along the top and bottom of the hole.
3. using tweezers, pull the dark, denim threads upwards and out of the jeans. the jeans are held together in a crossing pattern, so pulling the denim threads out vertically is what creates the white stripes within the hole. this part is tedious but mindless, so this is where gossip girl came in for me.
4. once you’ve pulled all the denim strands out, use the tweezers (closed or open) and run them across the cut you made. this gives the cut a distressed look instead of a perfect, clean cut. washing them will also also help rough the cuts up.
5. repeat wherever you want a hole or a distressed patch!
shop my look here!
fashionnova tie top (the one i’m in doesn’t exist anymore, so here, here, & here are lookalikes)
fashionnova high waisted jeans
steve madden OTK boots
i just die for a camel coat in the fall. nothing says ‘i’m ready to eat my weight in pumpkin pie’ quite like a camel coat.
shop the items here!
pacsun shirt (this one is the one i’m wearing, but you can find awesome graphic tees here)
FILA disruptor II
prettylittlething coat (the exact one i bought is gone, so here is one from them that is the same color, and here is one that is more similar but from asos/boohoo)
the cutest little nursery by my house had a whole pumpkin patch set up 😍 went and picked out some of the cutest little pumpkins!
shop this look: http://shopstyle.it/v/b8w
the best time to wear a [white] sweaterrrrr… is all the tiiiiimmmeeeeee 🍍 if you didn’t get this, just go away.
shop the look here: http://shopstyle.it/v/bNS
why doesn’t every restaurant deliver directly to me 100% of the time? even curbside is asking too much.
shop this look: http://shopstyle.it/v/bEX
shop the exact blouse here
explored georgetown this weekend & got to eat, drink, & be merry in the final days of summer.
outfit details here: http://shopstyle.it/v/bC5