denim jacket – forever21
skirt (worn as a dress) – fashionnova set
heels – justfab (doesn’t look like they sell anymore, so this is the closest pair i could find online
bag – michael kors
sunglasses – quay
i just freaking love this look. in part because i distressed these jeans myself, but also because a tight turtleneck is (imo) one of the sexiest looks. something so understated about them!
these were lucky brand boyfriend jeans that i tore apart about two years ago during a gossip girl binge. the best part about distressing your jeans is that it’s easy and mindless, once you’ve decided where the tears will go. here’s my no-fail, step-by-step guide to distressing your favorite boyfriend jeans.
1. put the jeans on and, with a sharpie, mark (tiny dots!) where you want the holes to be. for instance, with these jeans i knew i wanted big, wide holes in the thigh region, so my dots were wide set. put them in the four corners of the hole.
2. next, using scissors, cut horizontally along the top and bottom of the hole.
3. using tweezers, pull the dark, denim threads upwards and out of the jeans. the jeans are held together in a crossing pattern, so pulling the denim threads out vertically is what creates the white stripes within the hole. this part is tedious but mindless, so this is where gossip girl came in for me.
4. once you’ve pulled all the denim strands out, use the tweezers (closed or open) and run them across the cut you made. this gives the cut a distressed look instead of a perfect, clean cut. washing them will also also help rough the cuts up.
5. repeat wherever you want a hole or a distressed patch!
i just die for a camel coat in the fall. nothing says ‘i’m ready to eat my weight in pumpkin pie’ quite like a camel coat.
shop the items here!
the cutest little nursery by my house had a whole pumpkin patch set up 😍 went and picked out some of the cutest little pumpkins!
shop this look: http://shopstyle.it/v/b8w
explored georgetown this weekend & got to eat, drink, & be merry in the final days of summer.
outfit details here: http://shopstyle.it/v/bC5
as promised – better late than never – here is my forever 21 haul. bought these staple items for less than $200 total, and got so many killer looks from combining them with basics in my closet!
you can watch the quick styling video here
shop the looks below:
this new keto diet has me drinking coffee black – and it’s actually not too shabby! a dash of cinnamon can really help and the spice is supposed to be great for your metabolism. drink up!