i just freaking love this look. in part because i distressed these jeans myself, but also because a tight turtleneck is (imo) one of the sexiest looks. something so understated about them!
these were lucky brand boyfriend jeans that i tore apart about two years ago during a gossip girl binge. the best part about distressing your jeans is that it’s easy and mindless, once you’ve decided where the tears will go. here’s my no-fail, step-by-step guide to distressing your favorite boyfriend jeans.
1. put the jeans on and, with a sharpie, mark (tiny dots!) where you want the holes to be. for instance, with these jeans i knew i wanted big, wide holes in the thigh region, so my dots were wide set. put them in the four corners of the hole.
2. next, using scissors, cut horizontally along the top and bottom of the hole.
3. using tweezers, pull the dark, denim threads upwards and out of the jeans. the jeans are held together in a crossing pattern, so pulling the denim threads out vertically is what creates the white stripes within the hole. this part is tedious but mindless, so this is where gossip girl came in for me.
4. once you’ve pulled all the denim strands out, use the tweezers (closed or open) and run them across the cut you made. this gives the cut a distressed look instead of a perfect, clean cut. washing them will also also help rough the cuts up.
5. repeat wherever you want a hole or a distressed patch!